Did you know you can create shortcuts on your device which allow you to easily access your favorite websites, or even specific links within them? Whether you choose to make this website into a personal app, or to choose specific content which you would like easy access to, such as my Calendar of Planetary Events, you can create one shortcut, or many, to suit your needs. Below you will find directions for IOS and Android devices. If you have any questions as to how to proceed, feel free to contact me.
On your iPhone or iPad (IOS):
The process of saving a website shortcut to the home screen on your iPhone is really easy and takes about as much time as it would to save a regular bookmark. Follow these simple steps:
- Open up Safari on your iOS device.
- Navigate to the website that you want to save as a home screen shortcut. In this case, we’re using GottaBeMobile.com (and you should too!).
- Tap the Share button on the menu bar. It’s an icon on the right side that’s a box with an arrow sticking out from it.
- Tap on Add to Home Screen.
- On the next page you’ll give the shortcut a name and confirm the web address.
- After that, tap on Add in the upper-right corner to add the shortcut to your home screen.
On your device with GoogleChrome:
For Windows, Linux, and Chromebook users, you can add a shortcut to a website on the internet as an app in Chrome.
- Open Chrome.
- Navigate to the website you want to add as an app.
- At the top right, click More .
- Click More Tools.
- Click Create shortcut.
- Enter a name for the shortcut and click Create.
Step 1: Visit the website
The first thing to do is visit the page that interests you save as shortcut icon.
Step 2: Open the menu
When we have the page loaded, click on the icon at the top right of your screen (1st picture) party to leave the menu with all available options.
Step 3: Add it as a shortcut
In this menu, select “Bookmarks” (2nd image) option and will appear in a new screen. That looks marker you want to have on your desktop and click on it to show you a new menu (3rd picture). Now find and click on the “Add shortcut to desktop” option, and you will create the shortcut as an icon on your desktop.
Please Note: All of these directions have been copied and pasted from the internet, and there are other sources available if you wish to search for them. This process is very simple once learned, and can make it easier for you to personalize your device to the experience you wish.